Corsair Vengeance Frequency

pilpod

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Hello, I recently upgraded a lot of components in my computer. After getting everything up and running I downloaded CPU-Z and noticed that under the memory tab it said that the frequency is at 666MHZ when the memory I installed is Corsair Vengenace 4GB at 1600 MHZ. Is this what it should be showing or do I need to correct this?

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX
CPU: i7-2600K OC at 4.5
RAM: 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance 4GB
PSU: Thermaltake 750W
GPU: MSI GTX 560TI

If there is anything else that I need to put up please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also in the BIOS it says targeted DRAM frequency 1333MHZ.

Edit2: In the BIOS I also noticed that there was a DRAM frequency option and it was set to Auto. When I clicked it there were a bunch of frequencies to select from and 1600 MHZ was one of them. Would it be safe to change it through this?

VFBIn.jpg

pilpod

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Alright I set it to X.M.P and it changed the frequency to 1600MHZ. Thank you for the help! One thing I did notice tho when booting up my computer after shutting it off is it reset itself once before actually starting up. Is there any reason why it did this or is this a problem or what? It is running fine now so I am wondering if I should just ignore it?

Edit: Went in to event viewer and did not see any errors under the system category either

That's a normal function of Asus boards (my P8Z68-V LE does it too every once in a while). It's just "double checking" the settings. Nothing to worry about.

D

Deleted member 217926

I assume your Thermaltake 750w power supply is a TR2?

Thermaltake TR2 is one of the worst power supplies on the market and it's not even priced with the other junk. So not only do they sell you junk they rip you off for it.

The 2 best power supply review sites are Hardwaresecrets and jonnyguru. Here is the Hardwaresecrets review of your PSU. The whole article is worth reading but here is the conclusion.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Thermaltake-TR2-RX-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/902/9

Here is a very good ( not perfect but very good ) tier list. Notice the TR2 and TR2 RX are tier 5. The do not buy under any circumstances and replace ASAP if you do have one tier.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Thermaltake and Coolermaster are 2 companies that shoud not be in the power supply business.

For quality stick with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec.