[SOLVED] Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB or overclockable ram?

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB

DDR4-3200 2 x 8GB $4.874 Black / Yellow 10 ns

hi
this is the one i look at .
some say that for the same price there exist a ram that can be overclocked easily?
is it true? stable?

what do you suggests wich

tx

Solution
Well, they're quite identical. Crucial would be the better choice as it's cheaper. I don't think overclockable and non-overclockable should be something to consider though as any RAM is overclockable. But as the crucial one says it is overclockable, it may give slightly higher frequencies when overclocked but I'm not sure if the difference in performance is noticable.
Besides, RAM overclocking is something I haven't seen much practised. Dual channel 3600mhz is fast enough for almost anyone.
There are other gskills for cheaper. Why not buy them? The one you linked is unreasonably expensive.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Well, they're quite identical. Crucial would be the better choice as it's cheaper. I don't think overclockable and non-overclockable should be something to consider though as any RAM is overclockable. But as the crucial one says it is overclockable, it may give slightly higher frequencies when overclocked but I'm not sure if the difference in performance is noticable.
Besides, RAM overclocking is something I haven't seen much practised. Dual channel 3600mhz is fast enough for almost anyone.
There are other gskills for cheaper. Why not buy them? The one you linked is unreasonably expensive.

Solution

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
one is 16 16 16
the other
while crucial is 4 3600 (PC4 28800)
Timing 16-18-18
CAS Latency 16
Voltage 1.35V

you say that they are same performance or am i reading you wrong?

with r5 3600 we seggest me 3600 or 3200
do you have suggestion cheaper , im open

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
I've never seen anyone caring about anything other than CAS latency and clock speed. It probably doesn't make enough difference to care about. And spending 20$ more for something that won't be noticable isn't worth it imo.
I don't really have any specific favourite RAM or something like that. But usually as Gskill and Corsair are famous for their customer service and they are also widely available, i recommend Gskill/Corsair 3600mhz CL16 RAM. Something like this:
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232880?&quicklink=true