[SOLVED] Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 compatibility

Big Swifty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2016
CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

I have a current build and a desired build that I'm hoping to start working on later in the year or early '21.

The current build has an Intel i5-6500 with a Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H motherboard. The future build will be an Ryzen 5 - 3600 (or perhaps a similar price/power option if the Zen 3 versions are available at the time) with an ASRock B550M Pro4 motherboard. Of course the future build components are subject to change at the time I do the actual build.

I only have 8gb of RAM currently and would like to upgrade to 32gb. I'd like to make sure that when I'm ready to upgrade the cpu and motherboard that the RAM will be compatible with the new Ryzen cpu.

pcpartpicker says the Corsair RAM in the title is compatible with both my current and desired build, I just want to make sure because I read how AMD is kind of picky when it comes to RAM and occasionally see in the comments section how the part wasn't compatible even though it said it was.

Any confirmation here? Better suggestions as far as RAM? I live in a third world country so my options are often limited. I'm currently using Crucial Ballistix without issues and seem to mostly come across suggestions for Crucial or Corsair (for AMD), as well as "RAM is RAM." Should also note that I'm not a power user, I don't care at all about RGB or the most miniscule performance advantages, but if for some reason some of the options below are better or worth spending a bit extra on, I'm open to the suggestion. I'm mostly concerned with compatibility and reliability.

Other similarily priced (some cheaper, some not) options at the same speed are:

CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB
T-FORCE NIGHT HAWK RGB
T-Force Delta RGB
OLOy WarHawk RGB
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB

Solution
There is no need to build a system right now if you're gonna buy it in 2021. The prices will changes. New stuff will be out.

I recommend you come back a week or two before buying the system and then we will be able to talk parts.
There is no need to build a system right now if you're gonna buy it in 2021. The prices will changes. New stuff will be out.

I recommend you come back a week or two before buying the system and then we will be able to talk parts.

Solution