Question Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 ver 5.32) vs AMD compatibility and stability

Jan 9, 2020
Hi!

I recently bought a CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 v5.32 memory set and I pretend to mount it on an ASUS PRIME X470 PRO motherboard, with an AMD RYZEN 7 2700X processor. Is there any known issue between AMD processors and this memory set model? Is it totally compatible? I've been looking for this info everywhere, but I didn't find it.

kesda

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
No, it's literally the same model I have with my Ryzen 9 3900X. Look at my signature to see it in my specs. The only problem is that it's not easily overclockable. You will need to fiddle around with it a lot before finding stability with it if you plan to OC.

Hi,
Hope you don't mind me asking. I am in the same boat here and bought the intel rather than the AMD optimized version RAM for a RYZEN 7 3700X/B550 build. I am not interested in OC. Just want to run the CPU at standard stock speeds with RAM @3200Mhz. Will I need to do any fiddling to get it to run at 3200MHz? Or will it just work at that speed when I plug it in? Thanks.

Hi,
Hope you don't mind me asking. I am in the same boat here and bought the intel rather than the AMD optimized version RAM for a RYZEN 7 3700X/B550 build. I am not interested in OC. Just want to run the CPU at standard stock speeds with RAM @3200Mhz. Will I need to do any fiddling to get it to run at 3200MHz? Or will it just work at that speed when I plug it in? Thanks.

There is no such thing as RAM optimized for either AMD or Intel CPU's. It's just a marketing gimmick. The RAM will work with either CPU brand no problem, just make sure to set it to the XMP profile in the BIOS to get the full performance.