Review Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 Review: 2x32GB Arrives

manera2020

Reputable
Oct 9, 2016
could u try on AM4 X570 with 4 slots populate...i know they didn't validate yet but they already claim 128GB is supported

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
But after all these timings and speeds are measured...is it actually noticeable to the end user day to day? Taking into account all the other factors in a PC?

I'm slowly losing interest in PC tech due to the improvements across the board all getting much of a muchness.

"Yayyy this generation now means we go from 120fps to 124fps!"

I think there are other areas in PC tech that could do with some improvement. I would love to see a lot of changes to the internal connectors, plugs and interfaces. Create more modular, snap in type connections.

A standardised single connector from the motherboard to the case for example...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
could u try on AM4 X570 with 4 slots populate...i know they didn't validate yet but they already claim 128GB is supported
We don't have enough 32GB dual-rank modules to do that yet.
But after all these timings and speeds are measured...is it actually noticeable to the end user day to day? Taking into account all the other factors in a PC?
We're seeing roughly a 30% difference between our best and worst configurations, and these are just for performance memory kits. Whether that matters depends on what you're doing. The reason those big differences don't show up in a review is because it's "not fair" to compare 16GB of DDR4-2400 to 32GB of DDR4-4400.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
We don't have enough 32GB dual-rank modules to do that yet.

We're seeing roughly a 30% difference between our best and worst configurations, and these are just for performance memory kits. Whether that matters depends on what you're doing. The reason those big differences don't show up in a review is because it's "not fair" to compare 16GB of DDR4-2400 to 32GB of DDR4-4400.

But does that 30% difference really translate to something humanly noticeable? We've all had the "wow a NVMe drive is 7 times faster than a SATA drive!" but then had the crushing disappointment of it feeling in 99% of cases just like the old SATA it replaced.

We are now living in a world of diminishing IT returns. I do look forward to seeing how IT Tech review sites can continue to hype up and enthuse about increases or gains that can only be shown on a synthetic benchmark graph and not actually experienced in the real world.

Gonna be a tough job. How I miss the days when a new GPU or a CPU could boost your simple Quake experience from unplayable to playable. Remember when more RAM even made a huge difference or even a good soundcard?

Ah well...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
But does that 30% difference really translate to something humanly noticeable? We've all had the "wow a NVMe drive is 7 times faster than a SATA drive!" but then had the crushing disappointment of it feeling in 99% of cases just like the old SATA it replaced.

We are now living in a world of diminishing IT returns. I do look forward to seeing how IT Tech review sites can continue to hype up and enthuse about increases or gains that can only be shown on a synthetic benchmark graph and not actually experienced in the real world.

Gonna be a tough job. How I miss the days when a new GPU or a CPU could boost your simple Quake experience from unplayable to playable. Remember when more RAM even made a huge difference or even a good soundcard?

Ah well...
In our test scenario it's really going to make a difference if you're using shutter glasses, since you're probably not going to notice a missed frame or two on a 120Hz monitor (the minimum FPS spread is like 97 to 127 FPS: Our memory reviews report averages to make the data simple, but we keep minimums in our notes in case someone asks a question like yours).