Question CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX - low frequency with ryzen 5900x

Sep 13, 2022
Hi,
I have a Ryzen 9 5900X and an ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F with 2x16 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX (CL16 3200MHz DRAM DDR4). With this configuration I was able to select a DOCP profile to run memory modules at full speed. I was using slots 2 and 4 of the modo, as suggested in the manual. Later on I updated my configuration with 2 more moduls for a total of 64 GB. Filling all the four moduls my pc won't boot if I select DOCP 3200 MHz profile. Memory moduls are only capable to run at about 2100 MHz. All the four moduls are exactly the same, do you what is happening? Thanks for the support

2 problems. Mixing kits is not guaranteed to work without issues. The other is when using 4 dimms the maximum stable speed is often lower due to extra load on the memory controller. You may find increasing the DRAM voltage will help, I would not go higher than 1.450v but some overclockers say 1.500v is ok.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022
2 problems. Mixing kits is not guaranteed to work without issues. The other is when using 4 dimms the maximum stable speed is often lower due to extra load on the memory controller. You may find increasing the DRAM voltage will help, I would not go higher than 1.450v but some overclockers say 1.500v is ok.
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean with mixing kits? I have 4 identical moduls of 16 gb. So I’d thus normal that the nominal speed of the moduls is lower and why does the docp profile fail to boot my machine?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi,
I have a Ryzen 9 5900X and an ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F with 2x16 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX (CL16 3200MHz DRAM DDR4). With this configuration I was able to select a DOCP profile to run memory modules at full speed. I was using slots 2 and 4 of the modo, as suggested in the manual. Later on I updated my configuration with 2 more moduls for a total of 64 GB. Filling all the four moduls my pc won't boot if I select DOCP 3200 MHz profile. Memory moduls are only capable to run at about 2100 MHz. All the four moduls are exactly the same, do you what is happening? Thanks for the support
You added 2 more sticks, even if it's the same part number don't even mean it's made from the same parts.

Memory is sold in a matched tested set for a reason, adding more is always a gamble plus your adding more strain on the memory controller.

Enable DOCP then manually set the speed to 3000 and see if it works.

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS