Question Corsair Vengeance OC

imoob

Reputable
Nov 7, 2018
Overclocking my Corsair Vengeance LPX past its rated 2666mhz frequency. I was wonderering if i can set my voltage at 1.35 and slowly go up in frequency. Ideally i want ot try hit 3000mhz or even 3200mhz if possible. Also im pairing this with ryzen 5 1600 and should i increase cpu frequency or ram (or both) for the best performance gain
Thanks

imoob

Reputable
Nov 7, 2018
stick with 1 thread
(I also put this on the overclocking section)

Overclocking my Corsair Vengeance LPX past its rated 2666mhz frequency. I was wonderering if i can set my voltage at 1.35 and slowly go up in frequency. Ideally i want ot try hit 3000mhz or even 3200mhz if possible. Also im pairing this with ryzen 5 1600 and should i increase cpu frequency or ram (or both) for the best performance gain
Thanks

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Google Taiphoon Burner and download it.
Then grab the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen and use the results from Taiphoon Burner to fill in the necessary information in the DRAM Calculator to get settings you can try and use to OC your RAM.

You might have to loosen your primary timings by a notch or two. But 3000mhz is pretty doable on Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz kits. Since your going from 1.2v to 1.35v, plenty of extra voltage.

Since you are on Ryzen, I'd recommend you also increase your SOC voltage. Start at 1.15v, then once you stabilize your RAM, you can lower your SOC voltage if you want for more efficiency.