[SOLVED] Corsair Vengeance RGB (CMW16GX4M2Z3200C16) not working on Asus Prime B460M-A ?

May 25, 2020
hi,

it seems that the RAM type from.the subject as in the title is not working with new Asus Prime B460M-A and 10400F i5 despite it is mentioned intel xmp certified /if thisbl matters (rgb stays off and no.video signal exists upon booting). Product is not listed in QVL but I assumed that exist ddr4 modules working in real life despite not being listed in VQL, so I bought the RAM.

Update: 32gb vers is in qvl/ memory suported!

If indeed memory is not compatible (this is the first question) what vengeance rgb option (pls corsair code) at 3200,3600mhz will definetlly work on my MB as to not make a 2nd return of the ddr4 ?

tks

Last edited:
Solution
hi,

it seems that the RAM type from.the subject as in the title is not working with new Asus Prime B460M-A and 10400F i5 despite it is mentioned intel xmp certified /if thisbl matters (rgb stays off and no.video signal exists upon booting). Product is not listed in QVL but I assumed that exist ddr4 modules working in real life despite not being listed in VQL, so I bought the RAM.

If indeed memory is not compatible (this is the first question) what vengeance rgb option (pls corsair code) at 3200,3600mhz will definetlly work on my MB as to not make a 2nd return of the ddr4 ?

tks
Max ram speed of your CPU when installed on a B460 motherboard is 2666. You need a Z series...
hi,

tks
Max ram speed of your CPU when installed on a B460 motherboard is 2666. You need a Z series motherboard to run the ram higher than 2666 with or without XMP. https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...0400f-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

You should still be able to run that ram at 2666, but you may have to manually adjust it if it doesn't automatically set.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS