Question Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - light effect out of sync?

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Hey everyone,

To keep a long story short I have 2 identical 16gb kits of Corsairs RGB Vengeance RAM for 2 separate builds that I'm currently working on. For convenience I threw both kits into the same system for testing purposes and after playing around with the light effect settings I've noticed that one DIMM quickly goes out of sync with the others. The issue definitely lies with the DIMM itself as I swapped it with another DIMM in another slot and the issue moved with it.

I've done a simple Google search and can see that this has been an issue pretty much ever since their release a couple years ago, but I've yet to find any solutions. Before I commit to taking the easy way out and just requesting a replacement kit from the retailer I bought them from I'm interested to know if anyone has any potential solutions to this problem? I've seen mentioned in passing that the firmware installed on the modules that's responsible for the light effects can be accessed and altered, perhaps this is an avenue I should look down?

Cheers in advance for any replies guys. If you need any more info just let me know and I'll try and get back to you asap.

Reactions: EvilNinjaWizard

grebgonebad

Distinguished
At this point I think I'll just RMA the kit. I've tried a multitude of troubleshooting steps and so far nothing, so I'm assuming it's a hardware issue. Ha ha.

If no-one's replied to this post in the next 24 hours can I ask the mods to delete/close/archive this thread? I've been asking amongst some other forums and so far I've not received any conclusive reply, hence my conclusion.

Reactions: EvilNinjaWizard

TRENDING THREADS