[SOLVED] Corsair vengeance rgb pro not detected by ICUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanatos1969.kh

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018
Hey guys,
I recently finished my build and i'll put the specs at the bottom. So my problem is after finishing things up and booting into windows i head over to gigabyte's website to download all of the mobo drivers and one of which was RGB fusion (wasn't necessary but i wanted to take the rgb components in my build for a spin) and i tested the motherboard and the ram and GPU and all the RGB glory is working but then i downloaded ICUE for the Corsair ram and the software won't detect any of the 2 sticks. i looked it up and discovered that it's a common issue some were able to solve it but i had little luck in doing so.
any tips of how to get around it ?

i tried uninstalling RGB fusion
re-installing ICUE many times
trying different DIMM slot
trying one stick at a time
Updating bios
Trying an old bios version
Trying old ICUE version

specs:
B450 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0)
amd ryzen 5 2600
AORUS RX580 8G
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz C15

thanatos1969.kh

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018
Hey guys been experimenting and i finally fixed it at last so here's what I did, maybe that'll help someone:

I uninstalled all gigabyte's software .... all of them
uninstalled ICUE
used ccleaner to clean up any registry files.
Downgraded the bios to F1
installed ICUE again (didn't show up but continue)
i pulled out the ram and installed it in a friend's pc with a B250 chipset
fired up icue and walla.
changed the effects since it gets saved in the memory not by the mobo so when i swap the mobo again the effects will remain
I installed it again on my B450 and i updated the bios to F5
windows boots and all of the sudden ICUE detects the memory on my B450

I really don't know what was what probably the bios or changing the mobo to jump start the rams i really don't know but that's what i did...i hope someone finds it helpful.

Jan 6, 2022
Not sure if this still have relevancy to you but I've found I have the same problems and for me this fixed it. Dragon Center and RGB Fusion 2.0 are programs I also use for other RGB hardware but they can take control over my Corsair RAM also.

1) Dragon Center controls my Cooler Master fan and CPU RGBs so I set them permenatley to a desired colour and upon that I disabled Dragon Center from booting with start-up of my PC. Disabling can be found in Dragon Center settings. I now never ppen Dragon Center as it has a thing for being the dominate RGB daddy of the club, even though it's by far the worst software.

2) For RGB Fusion I found the installation path which for me was C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\RGBFusion and in the folder a found "SPD_Dump.XML" and "spddump.exe" and cut them out of the folder and put in a seperate folder on the desktop as this prevented it from interacting with my RAM. Be careful that if you're in the same boat as me, updating RGB Fusion can cause the files to reappear in the installation folder.

3) Ensure iCUE has the latest firmware update ALWAYS and make it boot on start-up. If you're still having further problems in iCUE go on the click the RAM > device settings > check for updates (update or) > three dots > force update. Force updating always solves the issue for me. Once all steps are complete restart your computer and hoping it works same as it did for me!

Hope this helps you if you're still having troubles!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.