Corsair Vengeance RGB pro OC from 2133mhz to 3000mhz? XMP ok?

Oct 11, 2018
Good day everyone,
I have a Asus Z370-E gaming mobo with a i7 8700k intel CPU, EVGA SC2 1080 Ti, 850w GQ EVGA PSU, and this computer was purchased from cyberpowerPC custom built, had 16gb ADATA ram at 3000mhz. I took that ram out and intalled the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB with four 8gb sticks, each pack came with two sticks. So far so good, but occasionally get the blue screen when opening intensive software and stuff but nothing major. I know the default JDEC setting is 2133mhz, but is it safe to keep the XMP setting enabled full time?

I went into BIOS and used the stock profile from Corsair in BIOS and enabled XMP and my RAM sticks are rated to go up to 3000mhz. Does the enabling of XMP in the EZ screen change the volts? I dont plan on manual overclock and prefer to just use what corsair or ASUS gives me to just click a button and set it.

So yeah my questions are:
1. Safe to keep XMP on full time?
2. Does XMP increase the voltage use?
3. Why the occasional blue screen with games like Call of Duty black ops 4 despite the game update recently and getting various different blue screen errors? I figured it could have been because of my Norton Antivirus since that was the next software that was sometimes giving me problems here and there. I uninstalled norton and things are working fine still.

TRENDING THREADS