Corsair votagyer GTX Flash Drive

poemm37

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Could i be able to run World of Warcraft on this flash drive? or you could you suggest me something

Thank you

Solution
I'm going to quote this from a source online.

"I believe neither are good options.

Running Fallout 4 will most likely keep the drive active for the entire duration of your playtime. Neither external flash nor HDD have sufficient heat dissipation to handle that. You will most likely destroy your drive very quickly.

Unfortunately you probably won't know this is happening because the external drive are typically housed in a box. You will have to take the device apart to notice this.

If you are still considering this, look for a high quality, metal external drive, with an active heat sink (has a fan) and also heat sink fins on the box. However, these are significantly more expensive.

As an alternative, the 1.8"/2.5" format is usually...

Savage PC

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
I'm sure it would work just fine. I'm not willing to go into the research of finding a better one.

It would work much better if you installed it on your internal storage instead.

poemm37

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

But i was checking my internal storage read/write speeds and the gtx voyager gtx out beats it by a lot.

So should i get it? well would it be a bad investment?

Savage PC

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
I'm going to quote this from a source online.

"I believe neither are good options.

Running Fallout 4 will most likely keep the drive active for the entire duration of your playtime. Neither external flash nor HDD have sufficient heat dissipation to handle that. You will most likely destroy your drive very quickly.

Unfortunately you probably won't know this is happening because the external drive are typically housed in a box. You will have to take the device apart to notice this.

If you are still considering this, look for a high quality, metal external drive, with an active heat sink (has a fan) and also heat sink fins on the box. However, these are significantly more expensive.

As an alternative, the 1.8"/2.5" format is usually safer. The HDD itself are designed for laptops, and usually generates less heat because the "boxed in" environment are exactly how they operate in a laptop. However, do look for a metal one that feels cool to the touch (heat dissipation), and avoid plastic ones.

Note: your HDD itself will most like be fine, but the enclosure is usually a cheap plastic box with no holes. Cheap plastic electronic + heat is usually a combination to stay away from :)"

Solution

poemm37

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

poemm37

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

???

poemm37

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

But could i run wow on it? would it be usefull ? is it better than my current drive?

poemm37

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from poemm37 : "Could i run World of Warcraft on this flash drive. Corsair voyagrer GTX"

I was wondering if i could run World of Warcraft on this flash drive or if yall have any suhhestions.