Question Corsair VS 550w

alexxfatal

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
So I'm about to upgrade my cpu(and motherboard) and I was wondering if my PSU needs an upgrade too. Currently I have an i3 6100 and I I will replace it with an i5 9400f. Despite the bad rumors of the VS Series, I've never had a problem with it so far(GPU: RX 470 4gb). It's been almost three years now with many many hours of gaming. So, will the new CPU make a big difference as far as the power I need or will it be same as now?

VS use low quality components and psu components deteriorate with time and usage. Personally I wouldn’t risk new parts on it but then I wouldn’t have used it in the first place. I’ve helped rebuild a system where the equally crap CX600 died and took out the motherboard and gpu.

alexxfatal

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
VS use low quality components and psu components deteriorate with time and usage. Personally I wouldn’t risk new parts on it but then I wouldn’t have used it in the first place. I’ve helped rebuild a system where the equally crap CX600 died and took out the motherboard and gpu.
Oh that's scary.. Could you recommend some reliable PSU's? What about the rmx series? And about the watt usage, is a 550w psu enough? In watt calculators I score around 300-340w.