[SOLVED] Corsair vs gigabyte

orelabergelveg

Reputable
Oct 19, 2018
I’m buying a power supply for my new build :
Rtx 2060
I5 9600kf
Z390 M
I’m not sure if I should go for gigabyte g750h (750w) gold or Corsair TX650M gold , the gigabyte is 30$ cheaper so which should I buy ? , also , will the gigabyte 750w will have more power consumption than the 650w Corsair ?
Money isn’t the issue , I just want the better psu..
also I heard a lot that said that TX550M is enough for that build , please give me your opinion.

Solution
my thing here is gigabyte just started making power supplies so they are new to the game and i never looked into who actully makes them. they could be a rebranded corsair or seasonic. if you cant find out though i would go with corsair because they have been in the power supply game for a very long time

the corsair PSU i have in my sig has powered 2 PC builds since 2012

orelabergelveg

Reputable
Oct 19, 2018
Corsair will get my vote between those two on any given day. List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:
Cpu : i5 9600KF
MB: gigabyte z390 M
Ram : g skill aegis 2X8GB 3000mhz
Ssd : Corsair mx500 250gb
Hdd : WD 1TB
Gpu : gigabyte rtx 2060 6gb of windforce
Chassis : Corsair Carbide SPEC-04 Mid tower (50% I’m buying it)
Monitor : dell 22 inch 1920X1080 60hz ( that’s what I have right now , is it ok for the build?)

Oct 16, 2019
If the money is not an issue, i would go for a bit higner power PSU from Corsair or Seasonic (750-850W) just to make sure you will avoid complications with any slight upgrades or overclocks you may do in the future. There is a tier list on PSU in the forum, i would suggest you take a look at it.
Increasing the power will mean less usage on the PSU and more silent gaming at low end games or normal use

orelabergelveg

Reputable
Oct 19, 2018
If the money is not an issue, i would go for a bit higner power PSU from Corsair or Seasonic (750-850W) just to make sure you will avoid complications with any slight upgrades or overclocks you may do in the future. There is a tier list on PSU in the forum, i would suggest you take a look at it.
Increasing the power will mean less usage on the PSU and more silent gaming at low end games or normal use
So more Watts doesn’t mean more power consumption?

Oct 16, 2019
So more Watts doesn’t mean more power consumption?

No, more wats doesn't mean more power consumption, more wats means more available power if needed on your build. The power consumption depends on the PC parts and overclocks (if any).
The 80 plus gold/platinum/titanium PSU's are usually the best there is, and they come with hefty at the very minimum 5 to 12+ years warranty

orelabergelveg

Reputable
Oct 19, 2018
No, more wats doesn't mean more power consumption, more wats means more available power if needed on your build. The power consumption depends on the PC parts and overclocks (if any).
The 80 plus gold/platinum/titanium PSU's are usually the best there is, and they come with hefty at the very minimum 5 to 12+ years warranty
But comparing the gigabyte to the Corsair , which should I buy ?
Is the tx650m high quality unit?

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
I'd reccomend the Gigbyte for the extra power, my rule of thumb is to always try to have about 50% more wattage than the computer is expected to use. Both are mainstream brands with a good reputation so I doubt either unit is bad.

my thing here is gigabyte just started making power supplies so they are new to the game and i never looked into who actully makes them. they could be a rebranded corsair or seasonic. if you cant find out though i would go with corsair because they have been in the power supply game for a very long time

the corsair PSU i have in my sig has powered 2 PC builds since 2012

Solution