Question Corsair vs SeaSonic

Aug 15, 2019
Good day all,

For the new build I’ve narrowed it down for myself to the2 brands stated above. Now I’m torn between the two and looking for some input before I pull the trigger on one.
Looking for a 600-650W semi- to full modular PSU. Heard nothing but good things about the SeaSonics, so leaning towards it now. Unless someone has any other recommendations, I’d definitely like to hear them. Looking to spend about $120CAD max.

mangaman

Honorable
Corsair makes some great PSU's. Since your budget is 120CAD, go with the Corsair TXM series. On Amazon, the Seasonic Focus Plus 650w is 140CAD, while the Corsair TXM 650w is 109CAD.

Both are 80 Plus Gold and are great units, but for your price, go with Corsair's TXM.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Aug 15, 2019
Corsair makes some great PSU's. Since your budget is 120CAD, go with the Corsair TXM series. On Amazon, the Seasonic Focus Plus 650w is 140CAD, while the Corsair TXM 650w is 109CAD.

Both are 80 Plus Gold and are great units, but for your price, go with Corsair's TXM.
I decided to go with the SeaSonic Focus 650W after all. Figured it was a good idea spend a couple extra $ to get that bit better PSU. No use frying a buncha parts over saving $10. Thanks for your reply tho, i appreciate it

Aug 15, 2019
Figured I’d go with the SeaSonic just to be safe. All the reviews about them are nothing but positive. The Corsair reviews are all over the place. Managed to pick up the SeaSonic Focus for $124CAD. Not bad if you ask me

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
As Jonnyguru is getting at, brand is irrelevant when comparing two big brands. EVGA for example still make a ton of garbage. Nothing makes Seasonic "better" than Corsair.

The model of the PSU however is important - all excellent PSUs:
  • Seasonic FOCUS (and Plus)
  • Seasonic PRIME
  • Corsair RMx
  • Corsair TX
  • Corsair HX / AX (but higher end rigs).
So IMO, don't opt for a brand, find a MODEL first then judge :)
Whilst i tend to prefer Seasonic myself, I love both Seasonic and Corsair, and I wouldn't hesitate to choose either in a heartbeat. I just wouldn't get certain model PSUs.

TRENDING THREADS