[SOLVED] Corsair VS450 - will it we fine to my system?

Mar 13, 2020
So, I'm building my dad a PC, something he can use on a dalily basic - he isnt the biggest gamer, but he likes to be able to play one or two games with me once or twice a month.

The specs are:

Cpu: Ryzen 3200G with stock cooler
Gpu: GTX 1060 3g
Ram: 16g Hyperx ram
3x Corsair rgb fans
Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro-M2 Max

So right now i do have a Corsair VS450 PSU and was thinking whether this is decent enought PSU for the specs?
He isnt gonna do any overclocking and neither are we trying to make the pc upgradeable as he isnt interested in spending to much on it, and it really dosnt need to do much more than words, facebook and basically normal use his old pc got really slow when windows 10 was installed on it and we changed the screen to a screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution the GPU is basically my old GPU...

so would the Corsair VS450 PSU be fine?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
to put it simply
  • will it fry? no
  • will it explode? no
  • would i recommend it? no

some will make it more extreme than it is, but due to the way vs regulates, your component lifespan could become shorter.

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
to put it simply
  • will it fry? no
  • will it explode? no
  • would i recommend it? no

some will make it more extreme than it is, but due to the way vs regulates, your component lifespan could become shorter.

Reactions: frede957
Solution

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
Denmark. What kinda brands would you recomend, how much watt and minimum grading?
I prefer to recommend per model rather than that... wattage wise you'll be fine with a decent 400w or higher

looking on denmark's pcpartpicker these would be considerable options:
https://dk.pcpartpicker.com/product...-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-ssr-550gb3 (less prefered though, since this does have individual regulation, but does it in a less efficient way)

https://dk.pcpartpicker.com/product...00-w-80-gold-certified-atx-power-supply-bn292

https://dk.pcpartpicker.com/product...certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-bn296 semi-modular version of the pp11

but if you see interesting options on a more local level, feel free to ask about them

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
S12III series is a piece of Garbage , not even made by SEASONIC.

Even despite it is Seasonic, they put their label on this product and backed it with their warranty, i would like to know what logic is behind this statement but i pretty sure it's best described as :
Because everything not made by Seasonic are piece of garbage, amirite ?

Last edited:

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
S12III > Not even made by SEASONIC ...Made by Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan Technology , and quality is poor.
again, i know RSY. but they've handled s12ii and m12ii production partly for Seasonic already, as well as some production for Superflower. is it the early b3 batches that give it a bad reputation or? because outside of s12iii being an double mag amp rather than DC-DC, i don't see any major problems with it