[SOLVED] Corsair VS550

Jun 19, 2020
Hello,

I am looking for some advice.

I have a Dell Precision T1700 tower, standard mother board but it only has an 8 pin adapter, I have been given a corsair VS500 550w power supply unit but it has a long power connector compared to my 8pin, my question ultimately will it fit on my mother board and would it be okay to use and not overload my mother board and blow everything up?

Solution
So I got the new psu, can't get it to boot anything but no damage to pc as popped old psu back in.
Can I use a pcie connector to power the mobo or do I 100% an adapter?
So I got the new psu, can't get it to boot anything but no damage to pc as popped old psu back in.
No you cant as the 24pin and the pcie provide different power ratings , you will damage the motherboard. Also if you look closely the pin shape should probably be different so it wont go in anyway. I dont know where your location is but heres an amazon link...

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Hello,

I am looking for some advice.

I have a Dell Precision T1700 tower, standard mother board but it only has an 8 pin adapter, I have been given a corsair VS500 550w power supply unit but it has a long power connector compared to my 8pin, my question ultimately will it fit on my mother board and would it be okay to use and not overload my mother board and blow everything up?
No it wont fit and you will probably have to use some kind of adpater 24pin to 10pin, also i think its a 10pin on T1700 motherboard and not 8pin, do check and tell

Jun 19, 2020

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
No you cant as the 24pin and the pcie provide different power ratings , you will damage the motherboard. Also if you look closely the pin shape should probably be different so it wont go in anyway. I dont know where your location is but heres an amazon link. https://www.amazon.com/ZLKSKER-24-P...32413&sprefix=24pin+to,electronics,342&sr=8-7

Solution

TRENDING THREADS