Review Corsair Xeneon Flex 45WQHD240 Bendable OLED Review: Curved or Flat, Your Choice

Very happy with my $250USD - 32" IPS 2560x1440 165Hz monitor while you guys spend all your money.
As an earlier adopter of 1440p at 165hz I paid nearly 600 dollars for it, but this is not a apples to apples comparison, because our monitors are likely substantially different when it comes to response time, perceived blur, brightness, and features.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

Sarah Jacobsson Purewal

Senior Editor
Aug 5, 2022
Who is this for? I cant think of a use case for such a feature... I've never sat in front of my curved display and thought to my self "man, I wish I could bend this."
lol, yeah, of all the things i wish my monitors could do...this is not really high on the list. or...on the list.

kjfatl

Reputable
Apr 15, 2020
Who is this for? I cant think of a use case for such a feature... I've never sat in front of my curved display and thought to my self "man, I wish I could bend this."
The main reason for this feature could be "lower shipping cost". Instead of making an extra $300 on the curved monitor, the supplier can make $305 extra. It's not a big deal now, but is will be when the price drops to $199.

DavidLejdar

Prominent
Sep 11, 2022
Some users may enjoy the option to switch between flat for work and curved for gaming. Additionally, there may be the argument that for a movie night with several persons, a flat screen is a bit better for the persons sitting on the sides of the couch. And there also is the issue that when someone has a multiple display wall-setup, a curved display may not be that great to have as a side display - and having a display with some flexibility about where it can be used in such a setup, that may be appealing.

Not saying that it would be enough of an argument for me personally to spend that much on it. Just naming some examples of what some may find quite nice about it.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
I was about to do backflips when it said that it had low pixel density (something like 2560 X 1080 or 2560 x 1200), but alas, that's way too high for mortals.

I think it might be priced for the target audience, people who can just buy a top of the line GPU, or someone making content for both flat and curved displays, to quickly test them, though I don't know how much it might last doing that constantly.

sailorjeff

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
I am really interested in this monitor.....when the price gets down a bit. The ability to bend it to fit how far you sit from the monitor is a big point for me....that and the quality of the OLED screen. I have the desk space and will keep a close eye on this one.

Reactions: Order 66

TRENDING THREADS