corsair xms2 ddr2 800

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
anyone here useing this ram and know of any problems with it?
i cant get xp to work without crashing i think this the ram

mannwhite

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
I've got 4x1gig corsair xm2 6400 ddr2. I can't say I've had any problems with them m8. Maybe you should run memtest or something cause it seems like you have a faulty module if you're so sure it's the memory.

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
well am trying same thing right now
i chang the v to 2.05 for the ram
i should have askt befor i did it but oh well am asking now
is it safe for the ram to be runing at that v or is it way to high / will brun it out?

( so far sens the chang no system frez but its to soon to tell )

oh btw i dont have floppy so i cant do the memtest :(

update:well windows not crashing so far
but in games i am geting:The instruction at "0x0068CD0F" referenced memory at "0x00000018".
The memory could not be "read".

mabye i need to set the ram setings manul i think this 5-5-5-12 :(

mannwhite

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
well am trying same thing right now
i chang the v to 2.05 for the ram
i should have askt befor i did it but oh well am asking now
is it safe for the ram to be runing at that v or is it way to high / will brun it out?

( so far sens the chang no system frez but its to soon to tell )

oh btw i dont have floppy so i cant do the memtest :(

update:well windows not crashing so far
but in games i am geting:The instruction at "0x0068CD0F" referenced memory at "0x00000018".
The memory could not be "read".

mabye i need to set the ram setings manul i think this 5-5-5-12 :(

It is the exact same memory that i have. If u download the windiag utilities from microsoft you can install those to a boot cd so u can still test your ram. Also, if I remember correctly those memory sticks are guaranteed up to 2.1V so you're pretty much safe. However, at default timings they should run fine at 1.90V. Have you tried cleaning their contacts with some ethanol?

UPDATE: I just found the link for you m8. http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Like I said, u can boot this from the cd, leave it running for the night. If u find any errors try running the memory sticks individually. Also, beware if u're running Vista as it is much more delicate than XP. I just read an article where even though it was not detecting any errors under memtest the user was still getting blue screens. These disappeared on changing one of the memory sticks.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. If u need anything else do net hesitate to ask.

Mondoman

Splendid
cdos, please list the model numbers of *every* component in your system, including things like cpu cooler, power supply, motherboard, all RAM, etc, so we can help figure out what is going on.
You can download memtest86+ as a bootable CD image as well as a bootable floppy image, so you should be able to run it no problem. It definitely sounds like something is not working right; if you had hardware problems, your installation of Windows may now be corrupted, so it's best to get your hardware working properly, then reinstall Windows and your other apps.

fletch420

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
im running this ram with the rest of the gear in my sig and have had no issues whatsoever.
We really need a bit more to assist you man.

good luck

PCD

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I have that RAM in the Dominator version.
For running at 4-4-4-12 the RAM needs 2.1V which you will have to set in the BIOS.

The official SPD setting is 5-5-5-15 at 1.8V

The error you get is very likely from a damaged driver and as it only occurs in games it could easily be a damaged sound, graphics or DirectX driver.

First check your harddisk for errors, then try uninstall sound and graphics drivers, make sure the computer is restarted and install the newest sound and graphics drivers, also install the latest version of DirectX.

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
ok update sorry about the missing info il giv it to u in the end of this one
ok so i did get the memtest from there site on a cd and did test i got over 2k errors befor the pc just frez agin did it few times playing with the V up and down nothing seem to help
next i lower the 800H to 600+-(this 6 same thing cant remmber the number) and now i get 0 errors. i dont really get it it should run on 800h

so games are runing now not crashing ever 2 sec but my mb is at 44c and when it hit 45 i get the sound from asus probe telling me this to hot
cpu is only at 25-26 when mb is at 43 wired

cpu:6600
mb:asus p5k
ram:corsair xms2 ddr2 800h 1g cl5
asus gtx
psu:corsair 620w hx
and antec 900
p.s sorry about the bad english:p

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
all 4 of them 1gx4

ya am thinking one of this two things as happan
a i got the worng ram and this not ddr2 800h
or b they are just damg ( make less sens it is working fine on the lower speed)

i dono this weekend i am gona have to wait till sunday to talk to any one
so for now am trying to fix the high mb C keeps buging me when it hits 45

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
not sure what u mean .... sound like u mean to say this reading the cpu temp for the mb
how can i switch it?

oh dam forgat to add
asus gtx

:p

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
oh boy thats alot of work:)
i being at it for 3 days am trying to relax a bit
but i will try it on sunday
as long as this silly onbord network card let me play same world of warcraft:)

thx SupremeLaw
:)

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
i really wanted to get the p5k deluxe but they did not have it( i may be worng but i think they moved few things around on the deluxe )and add on bord raid
on the p5k u can do raid if u can use this slot just under the 16x pci ( cant even see it with gtx) so i cant really do raid ( with my 2x250g hd bit sad about that)

i am going to ask if i can chang to the deluxe but not sure if this even an option

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
When you run Memtest, you must disable USB Legacy Support on ASUS MOBOs. There is a conflict with this setting and Memtest. Make sure your memory voltage is at 2.1v and the timings are set manually.

jackluo923

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
so games are runing now not crashing ever 2 sec but my mb is at 44c and when it hit 45 i get the sound from asus probe telling me this to hot
cpu is only at 25-26 when mb is at 43 wired

In motherboard monitor, there's the option of choosing which sensor you want to display as the CPU temp and which one you want to choose as the motherboard temp. It seems like the program mixed the mb temp and cpu temp up. If you change those temp around so 25-26*C is the mb temp and 43*C is the cpu temp, it would all make sense and your computer won't sound alarms saying 45*C is your max mb temp.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Could just be the fact that you have the latencys capped real tight. Try loosening them.

IE 4-4-4-12 is better so put em to 5-5-5-15.

Might work.

Latest posts