Corsair xms3 2x4gb 1333mhz vs team elite 2x4gb 1600mhz

eligri

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hi,

I am currently running a desktop pc, using the mobo: ph755-m by asus (intel core i3 540 cpu).

I want to upgrade my ram, and my ONLY options are either 2x4gb corsair xms3 1333mhz or team elite 2x4gb 1600mhz.
Will these work with my mobo?
Which one should i pick? The guy in the store recommended corsair xms3, because he said it was of higher quality and the performance difference was very low.

I can only choose these two, because I got a gift certificate for a store, and they only sell these rams...

Also, I will most likely not oc at all!

Thanks for your time :)

eligri

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Thanks for the answer :)

But isn't the CL lower on the crucial then the team?

Also, you don't happen to know if the crucial card will work with the previously mentioned mobo?

Thanks again :)

eligri

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Also, are there any compatibility things I have to check before I get the corsair ram, or will it work?

eligri

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
The new cards voltage should be 1.5v, does that sound correct?

The old cards specs are the same, 1333mhz, ddr3, 9CL.

Old cards name is: kingston kvr1333d3n9/2g

Don't know the voltage, I will google it now :)

Xttony

Distinguished
If there are all of the same specs there should not be any perfoarmance decrease.
From the model number I guess that the Kingston's cards are of 2 gB.
Putting 2 cards of 2gB and two cards of 4gB will make the system to slow down.
If you have one Kingston ram card your system will slow down further.

eligri

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
I have 2x 2gb and 2x4gb, will it slow down a lot (noticeably) or very little? They are as previously mentioned, very similar in the stats.

eligri

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Found the answer myself (i'm using the kingston in both the blue, and the corsair in both the black).

Thanks for all the help, i'm going to try to put the ram in now :D

eligri

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
I just plugged in the ram, and got very, very bad results :(

First I plugged them in one way, no connection to my monitor.
I restarted the computer, and plugged the ram in the other way (how could I do this?!) then I still had no connection, and after a few sec, I smelled a burning smell and my pc shut down. I have now removed the new ram, and left only the old ones in. The burning smell is gone, but no connection to the monitor. Also, the old ram was the only thing that was hot. My gpu felt sorta cool, but im not 100% sure.

Please help me :(

Xttony

Distinguished
You need to put the rams Kingston in 1&2 and corsair in 3&4. Kingston in black and blue and corsair in black and blue slts. Each pair of black and blue slots have their own memory controller so the settings will be set according to your ram cards.