Corsair's H105 240 mm Water Cooler Has a Thicker Radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
"The color accent ring can be swapped with different colors."Its too bad the colour rings do not match their SP and AF fan rings. Was someone on the design team colour blind and did not notice the made the ring grey instead of white to match their existing fans rings on the market.

The fans that come with the H100i and the H105 are the same and have no color ring but only grey fins. The ones with the color ring options, there are two types:

Air Flow, performance or Quite
SP, performance or quiet

Both come with set rings but all of the fans in the AF and SP come with all three rings so you can choose what color you want. You want red? You take out the white ring and install the red ring.

What I want is a H110i and to see this in comparison to the H100i. What is weird is that this has the older round style water block instead of the square one the H100i has which means no Corsair Link system so why would it be considered better than the H100? Besides the thicker radiator it has no advantage over the H100i.

squirrelboy

Honorable
May 3, 2013
mm, mm, mm, mm, mm, CUBIT FEET PER MINUTE, mm.There are only metric units in this article. Why not say 2m³ instead of 73 cubic feet? Or 2.000.000.000mm³ if you're that fond of millimeters.

bochica

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009

Maybe because they have always measured fan speed, even in the UK, with CFM? Maybe because the difference in 1 cubic meter is about 45 cubic feet? It would be easier to read off the cubic feet as much as it varies from fan to fan, than to nit pick at decimal values of cubic meters.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
The fans that come with the H100i and the H105 are the same and have no color ring but only grey fins. The ones with the color ring options, there are two types:Air Flow, performance or QuiteSP, performance or quietBoth come with set rings but all of the fans in the AF and SP come with all three rings so you can choose what color you want. You want red? You take out the white ring and install the red ring.What I want is a H110i and to see this in comparison to the H100i. What is weird is that this has the older round style water block instead of the square one the H100i has which means no Corsair Link system so why would it be considered better than the H100? Besides the thicker radiator it has no advantage over the H100i.
If you want a H110i then just get a NZXT Kraken X60. It is basically a H110 with the ability to control 4 fans via software just like the H100i but developed by NZXT.The X60 and the H110 are both made by Asetek, NZXT added better features, Corsair chose not toYou will not see a H110i any time soon because that means Corsair have to go back to Coolit and ask them to make it since the Corsair Link software is basically a modified version of Coolit's own Maestro software.

squirrelboy

Honorable
May 3, 2013

"even in the UK" Until not long ago, they used the imperial system even in the uk. So of course they have always used to measure in CFM (i assume you mean air displacement instead of fan speed). The rest of the world, however, moved to a more logical system over the course of a few hundred years.
Here in the netherlands it is measured in m³/h, so it would be 120m³/h.

"It would be easier to read off the cubic feet"
NO it wouldnt! Only if you live in the UK and have already finished school, or if you live in the US.
freaking imperial system...

mapesdhs

Distinguished
squirrelboy writes:
> ... Until not long ago, they used the imperial system even in the uk. ...

Actually we still do to a large extent. It's a very mixed bag, bit of a schizoid
legacy depending on what area one examines. Road signs are mostly in
miles, not km, whereas most food/drink items are in litres or ml, though
often the equivalent pint quantity is on the same package; some products
aim to please both the old & new by having the metric amount in prominent
text, but it's a fractional number, whereas the pint quantity in smaller text
is an integer. One can get caught out by this sometimes, buying a 4l milk
carton instead of 4 pint, or vice versa.

Clothes, food, car indicators, signs, labels, etc. Each category leans in
one direction or the other; there's been no national move to just ditch the
old system completely. I wonder sometimes whether modern school
children are occasionally a bit confused at road signs still being in miles,
given that schooling today is I should imagine done entirely in metric.

Hehe, mind you, only the US would come up with the metric foot. :D (10";
causes mayhem in engineering discplines)

Classic case in the UK is the weather. People tend to use Celsius/Centigrade
when referring to low temps, but often quote Farenheit numbers on the hottest
summer days (at least older people do), perhaps because saying 'today was in
the 90s!' just sounds more impressive, I don't know.

Not as annoying though as any science mag which quotes cosmological temps
in F, that's really dumb. Scientific American once apologised for doing so. Even
"All About Space" does it. Sheesh...

There are some metric units the UK has never bothered with much though,
eg, the centilitre and decimetre. Likewise, in the imperial world, the UK rarely
sees the gallon for any consumable liquid (fuel pumps are all in litres now),
and I've never seen quarts or suchlike used either.

I was going to say at least the US is being consistent in sticking with the old,
but strangely I notice CNN keeps using metric temps for its weather forecasts.
Very odd.

I say ditch both temp scales, switch to Kelvin, that'll confuse everyone and
please nobody, just like most things these days. :D

Ian.

mikelmykel

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
That radiator core is not 38mm, the housing around it is..there are gaps on each side between the core and housing of about 6mmx2, so it is actually 26mm. The end tanks are bigger but not the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.