News Corsair's PCIe 4.0 Force Series MP600 SSD Hits 4.95 GB/s

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
considering most m.2 slots are between pcie slots, i'm not sure it could even be paired with an average graphics card. i guess if the m.2 slot is at the bottom of the board, then it could work but you'd likely be losing other slots nearby.....

karakarga

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
On a PCIe 3.0 mainboard, this one can give 4.3 GB/s read and write. (bandwidth limit) Much better than 3,5 GB/s read and 3.0 GB/s write.

joevt1

Reputable
Apr 19, 2016
On a PCIe 3.0 mainboard, this one can give 4.3 GB/s read and write. (bandwidth limit) Much better than 3,5 GB/s read and 3.0 GB/s write.
Where does 4.3 GB/s come from?
PCIe 3.0 x4 = 8GT/s * 4 * 128b/130T * 1B/8b = 3.94GB/s (without considering PCIe overhead)

May 28, 2019
Obviously 4950MBps is nice but in real world use is it going to matter compared to a drive like a current gen 970pro for a home user or even a video editor?
For the average home user, it probably won't do much other than take that OS load time from 10 seconds to 5 seconds, but for a video editor, especially a professional one, it can help drastically, especially if using raw footage. For standard use this drive isn't that beneficial, but for a cache, it has the potential to remove many bottlenecks for different workloads. It's most definitely not an average consumer product though and I'm sure the price will reflect that. I'd imagine it'd work similar to that of an Optane drive for most people.