Corsair's Spec-Alpha Is Edgy, Carbide 400 Is Minimalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Not impressed by either. Saw logan's review of the 400c. Everything looks crammed at best. Corsair has been of their game for quite some time. All their designs are limited by corporate thinking, like how many times are they going to reuse the same trays or side panels etc. etc. I wish that corsair for once would let their designers free of those limitations.

Gurbo

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
Call me boring, but I love the looks of the Carbide. If the prices drop a bit by the time I make a decision, it might be my next case.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
It could also be highly functional as seen in the h440/s340, the cases that started that whole open intake/shroud design. Also for the love of god i can't understand why someone would put the psu fan faced up. I know about carpet and such but besides that is completely stupid, especially if you have a non reference gpu with top flow fans.

boytitan2

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
At least the cover doesn't look like a grill on the spec alpha. I love everything about my spec 03 except the front design. Actually not liking some of these new case designs that don't leave room for dual fron fans main reason i got a corsair carbide spec 03 dual front fans.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Corsair has been of their game for quite some time. All their designs are limited by corporate thinking, like how many times are they going to reuse the same trays or side panels etc. etc. I wish that corsair for once would let their designers free of those limitations.

That's how they keep the incredibly low prices. Corsair would need a secondary high-end branding to do what you want, with prices to match.

Lutfij

Titan
Lower prices can only come about from stamping panels and producing cases off of an assembly line. If they were to make chassis's without limitations then we'd see much more niche level designs and their prices would reflect that as well.

I also think that the inclusion of the PSU cover has been much sought for after Phanteks introduced it way back in 2013.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
I think the H440 was the first. The thing is since you mentioned Phanteks. There are things in corsair cases that make no sense. For example the panels in a lot of the cases simply fall off when you loosen the screws. Or the 540 and the 600c have support only for 2 hard drives when the have massive volumes. There are a lot of things that don't make so much sense, things that other companies are pushing in much lower prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.