News Cougar Cratus: Exotic Tempered Glass Case, and Lots of Tubes

Droidfreak

Reputable
May 30, 2020
www.linkedin.com
Am I the only one not getting which environment those "open air" cases are designed for? My ROG Helios case is not open air, also it sports 3 dust filters and I do clean my apartment, no BS! However when I use my electric dust blower after several months of PC usage, I see that no filter is 100% effective. I can only imagine how dusty those open air cases will get in real life...

Reactions: Tom Sunday

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
I usually like the unusual cases... but this one... it's like a mullet... all "robo-cop" in the front and "doggy-style" in the back. I mean, c'mon, those tubes look like legs, and that rear fan... Lol! And now you can't un-see it either, can you?

Warrior24_7

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Am I the only one not getting which environment those "open air" cases are designed for? My ROG Helios case is not open air, also it sports 3 dust filters and I do clean my apartment, no BS! However when I use my electric dust blower after several months of PC usage, I see that no filter is 100% effective. I can only imagine how dusty those open air cases will get in real life...

Yes, you are. By “environment” what do you mean? Dust gets into any computer. The more fans that you have, the more they’ll attract dust. All I can say is clean it up, as you seem to do every so often.

Warrior24_7

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Cougar has released another exotic open-air computer chassis, but this time featuring a tubular design language.

Cougar Cratus: Exotic Tempered Glass Case, and Lots of Tubes : Read more

Nice case! Hopefully it’s more refined then their last open air model. A couple things that set it apart just looking at it, are its forward lean, and the carry handle with the light bar in it. I don’t particularly care for the light bar, but it looks a lot better than other open air designs on the market!