Cougar Immersa Gaming Headset Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Whenever I plug headphones into the front panel ports of my computer case they sound horrible. They sound perfectly fine when I plug them directly into the motherboard audio ports. Is there something special that you need to do to get front panel computer case ports to sound as good as the motherboard audio ports?

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
May be the socket of your case is damaged, corroded or the cable from mainboard has a problem? Normally it is the same output and HD Audio does nothing different. Just tried it here and I can't measure/hear any difference. What for a case/mainboard and headphone you are using?

Please note, that every (longer) cable can increase the impedance/resistance of your source and cause a lot of acoustic issues.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
I have always had problems trying to use any of the front ports, USB, audio, etc. on all the tower computers I have ever owned. I was just wondering if that was normal for all these types of cases or if I just had bad luck. Thanks for the reply.

So this is essentially a mediocre 20/20k 40nm headphone?

That driver transplant might be an excellent idea, actually. I have a Shure SRH440 with the cable a bit busted and the cushions completely teared apart, so might be the perfect donor.

Nice article as well.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.