Cougar Panzer Max Big-Tower ATX Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It says it has (2) 3.5/2.5" bays and (4) 2.5"-only bays. So it can hold up to two 3.5" drives and up to four 2.5" drives, or up to six 2.5" drives with no 3.5" drives.

I think it could have been more clear if the 2.5"-capability wasn't listed for the 3.5" bays, but then it would be less informative.

It's a cheap case, built a little better than some others, but priced a little higher than those. I wouldn't expect anyone to really be impressed unless it was really cheap.

trevor_dennis

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Somebody asked how many drives it takes, and while crashbloke pointed out that 'some' information was in the drop down, we shouldn't need to rely on that, and if you used a bit of light for the photographs, we wouldn't need to. I found it incredibly frustrating that I could not properly assess whether this case would suit my upcoming build, because the images showed the case internals as near solid black with the occasional led or silhouette of a fan at the back of that particular view.

As a video editor, I have a lot of storage, and currently have 16 drives. Seven of those are USB3 externals, and four are 2.5 SSD, but the balance are 3.5HDD. As things stand, I have no idea if I could get them all in this case.

trevor_dennis

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
OK, I've had my wee rant about the dark images, so to be fair, I knew while typing my last post I'd be able to copy the images into Photoshop, and boost the Shadow, lift the Clarity, and nudge exposure, and I was left with perfectly usable images, but we shouldn't need to do that.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's perfectly clear on my monitor. You're asking that we lighten the images so they're easier to see on poorly adjusted monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS