Question Could 3200mhz ram paired with a stock 6700k crash a game? (destiny 2)

SSA90

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Full specs:
CPU: 6700k stock clocks
Motherboard: Asus Formula VIII
Ram: Team Dark Pro 8x2 3200mhz CL4
SSD/HDD: Team Dark 480gb
GPU: 1080ti EVGA Hybrid
PSU: Cooler Master 750w gold
Chassis: Cooler Master Master Case Maker 5

recent games that run without issues with this setup: star wars Jedi fallen order, NFS heat, Gears of war 5, Outer Worlds

DESTINY 2 being the only one that is causing me issues: granted I get the most frames on this game compared to the other titles mentioned as I play on almost all settings low. The game runs fine but it crashes unexpectedly at least 2-3 times everyday. It didn’t happen previously when the game was on battlenet, but the game now favours 6 core cpus or higher that’s certain.

I am wondering maybe my ram is causing crashes or my cpu is crapping out on me. Any help will be appreciated.

additional info: i run windows defender and malwarebytes, have synapse running for my viper and discord. Temps are in check, I tried with no gpu overclock as well no difference the crashes occur randomly.

Edited: Format

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a troubleshooting thread, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To answer the thread titles question, no it won't induce an issue so long as you've either manually keyed in the values for the ram in BIOS alongside the voltages or enabled X.M.P. That is, provided you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Speaking of updated, which version of Windows 10 are you working with?

SSA90

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
When posting a troubleshooting thread, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To answer the thread titles question, no it won't induce an issue so long as you've either manually keyed in the values for the ram in BIOS alongside the voltages or enabled X.M.P. That is, provided you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Speaking of updated, which version of Windows 10 are you working with?
Sorry I edited my post accordingly.

To answer your question: I am on 1909, I am using the xmp that came with the ram I bought didn't manually tweak anything on the ram's end.

I was told by someone that a stock 6700k might have issues with 3200mhz ram maybe that might be a reason? I haven't had the chance to overclock my processor and test stability on it properly.

TRENDING THREADS