[SOLVED] Could a bad iGPU cause no display signal?

Feb 9, 2021
My system didnt show any display signal and i can’t even use the keyboard and mouse. Could it be caused by a bad CPU/iGPU ?

Last edited:
Solution
You know - disconnect anything from motherboard - drives too, except RAM, CPU and PSU. Disconnect computer from wall and do CMOS reset. Check which connector on motherboard should be shorted for that in motherboard manual before. Then turn back on. If it works now than you can disconnect in from wall and put back drives and try to run it.
Feb 9, 2021
This build was bought by my parents 3-4 months ago

Specs:
A10 9700
8gb 2400mhz ddr4 ram
Radeon r7 integrated graphics
Soyo A320M Dragon Motherboard
Boston 750w 80+ rated power supply
Seagate 1tb hdd

iGPUs rarely develop any faults.

The only suspect item in your specs list is that Boston PSU --- basically it's cheap rubbish, that's why the builder has fitted the 750w model to try and compensate for it's poor quality, when in truth that system doesn't need anything like 750w. A good quality EVGA or Corsair 500w PSU makes much more sense.

However, before replacing the PSU, try replacing the monitor's signal cable first as obviously that's much cheaper and might just do the trick.

That's all I can think of at this time.

Feb 9, 2021
iGPUs rarely develop any faults.

The only suspect item in your specs list is that Boston PSU --- basically it's cheap rubbish, that's why the builder has fitted the 750w model to try and compensate for it's poor quality, when in truth that system doesn't need anything like 750w. A good quality EVGA or Corsair 500w PSU makes much more sense.

However, before replacing the PSU, try replacing the monitor's signal cable first as obviously that's much cheaper and might just do the trick.

That's all I can think of at this time.
I mostly think the cpu is broken since it just turns on but the system cant detect any display signal plus its cold in my place right now and i saw some droplets building up in the heatsink and the cpu fans when i opened the case

Does your computer switches on at all? Fans are spinning? Are you see drive activity/blinking lights/sound?

Did you tried to reseat display cable? In both ends. Are display itself works?

Otherwise I agree with a guy above about Boston PSU as primary suspect. Another rebadged dumpster dive find where 750W most likely is group regulated 450W (barely).

Feb 9, 2021
Does your computer switches on at all? Fans are spinning? Are you see drive activity/blinking lights/sound?

Did you tried to reseat display cable? In both ends. Are display itself works?

Otherwise I agree with a guy above about Boston PSU as primary suspect. Another rebadged dumpster dive find where 750W most likely is group regulated 450W (barely).
The psu is not the prob since the fans are spinning and it lights up so psu out of the question but im probably gonna replace it sooner or later before it turns itself into a homemade c4.

You know - disconnect anything from motherboard - drives too, except RAM, CPU and PSU. Disconnect computer from wall and do CMOS reset. Check which connector on motherboard should be shorted for that in motherboard manual before. Then turn back on. If it works now than you can disconnect in from wall and put back drives and try to run it.

Solution