[SOLVED] Could anyone give me a recommendation for a good laptop?

Jul 27, 2019
Hello!

I am looking for a fast laptop in the £250-£300 mark. I have a PC that I built myself with an i5 8500k cpu, GTX Aero 1050 ti gpu, 2tb hardrive and 250gb ssd. I am looking for a similar laptop, though I know for that price I will lose some speed.

Main uses: doing university work without things taking ages to load, watching films in bed with a good quality screen.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Solution
Look into used laptops with an i5 or i7 intel "H" model CPU. Don't buy a "U" model laptop unless you really can't deal with the extra weight of the "H" models. Also since watching video is a requirement then you should limit your search to models with a 1080p display.

With your budget I don't see it possible to get a new laptop that meets all of your needs.

EDIT:

Looking though online listings I noticed some Ryzen CPU laptops near the max. price range you mentioned. If you can find a 1080p model that might be something to splurge for.
Look into used laptops with an i5 or i7 intel "H" model CPU. Don't buy a "U" model laptop unless you really can't deal with the extra weight of the "H" models. Also since watching video is a requirement then you should limit your search to models with a 1080p display.

With your budget I don't see it possible to get a new laptop that meets all of your needs.

EDIT:

Looking though online listings I noticed some Ryzen CPU laptops near the max. price range you mentioned. If you can find a 1080p model that might be something to splurge for.

Last edited:
Solution