Could anyone tell me how proxy sites like Myprivateproxy work?

Kasharn Johnson

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
hey
I was just wondering how sites like https://www.myprivateproxy.net/private-proxies/ work, how do they get so many proxies/IP addresses ?(i'm uneducated on how proxies work)
I currently live at home with 1 external address, and was thinking a solution would be to ask my service provider for more external IP's but i was looking around and saw that that would be very expensive if i wanted more than 5, so i was thinking of building a kickass new server build (with xeons and stuff) and getting a new modem/router to control all the IP's but then i came to realisation that i would still have one external IP so that is not all i need, am i missing a key part?
As you can see on this part of the website https://www.myprivateproxy.net/locations/ they have good specs but somehow have 10240, or 1024 IP's? i have a 5 proxies from the website and they give you a proxy IP ,port number, username and password, they key difference being that the proxy IP's are the same, except the numbers at the end of the address, for example 123.456.78.01 then another will be be 123.456.78.02, 123.456.78.03 and so on, to my understanding do they own the whole of 123.456.78.??? subnet?(i dunno if that is the correct word) or is there something that i am missing?

Could anyone help or give me an insight on how these types of websites work :)

random information that might be useful is that i live in the UK and my ISP is virgin media

Short answer is ever ip has been allocated to someone and nobody is going to let you use them for free.

Even if you wanted 1000 ip you likely would not get them even if you wanted to pay for them. To get blocks of ip you have to show a business case as to why you really need them.

Kasharn Johnson

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
I don't think you understand what i am asking, i want to know how to get multiple external IP's
Would it be through asking my ISP or is there a different method hence why the website can get so many.