[SOLVED] Could be after installed clean new windows 10 pro I have only 6 updates ?

chocolade13091972

Reputable
Feb 7, 2019
Should be more ?

I did: Control panel > Uninstall a program > View installed updates
And there are 6 updates.

My problem is that when I start battlefield bad company 2 it's showing the splash screens but just before loading the main menu it crash back to the windows to the desktop without any errors.
since it's never get to the main menu it's not creating the BFBC2 folder under Documents and not settings.ini file.

I tried anything. Clean boot tried older video card drivers and now the latest. Tried running the game as windows 7 or xp or vista compitablity tried running it as admin.

The thing is that the game worked fine for more then a year and more until 5-6 days ago when I installed a new clean windows 10 the same version of windows 10 I had before when the game was running fine. Windows 10 home.

Now I switched to windows pro but same problem.

I searched google found that there more few others with the same exact problem but no real solution.

Before I give up my last idea was maybe I need to download somehow a old or specific update for the windows maybe some update/s that are a bit old and not download anymore automatic ?
I had a chat with 3 agents of ea online and we tried anything I can think of.

I just downloaded now battlefield 4 and it's working without a problem in single and multi.
Same for call of duty 4 warfare.

Only bad company 2 have the problem.

Any ideas what else can I do ?

Solution
Version 1809 includes all previous updates, if they were released a few years ago, they now baked into the current version. The only updates since are for minor things. Version updates include everything previously released.

I don't think windows version or an update is difference. Fact rest of PC works and most other games do as well makes me wonder what difference is

what are specs of the PC?

many of the people with the Bad company 2 problem are on linux

Colif

Win 11 Master
Right click Start menu
Choose run...
Type Winver and press enter

Current versions are 1803 and 1809, if you have the 2nd it is possible that there are only 6 updates as it was released in November and only been a few cumulative updates since then.

I am on my phone but will look at the Bad Company problem once I on my pc

chocolade13091972

Reputable
Feb 7, 2019

I have the second 1809 but maybe battlefield bad company 2 need older updates ? I tried so far everything I can think of. And I was on chat online with ea with 3-4 tech helpers they tried to help me as much as they can. Then I aked in other tech hardware hebrew israeli forum and they tried to help me either.

Tried new latest video card drivers tried older drivers tried disable all sound cards tried to disable the video card drivers at all tried running in safe mode tried boot clean tried registry fix tried ccclean software tried testing hard disk memories did a test benchmark for the video card tried to run the game as admin tried to change the exe file to be compatibility as windows 7 xp vista tried as window mode tried to re install windows 10 home twice then tried windows 10 pro tried to install reinstall the game many times updated punkbuster many times downloaded directx 9 86 and 64 of 2010 tried to reinstall this C++ thing.

What I also tried is other games: Call of duty 4 modern warfare , battlefield 4 and another one and they all working perfect either on single or online multi So my guess it's not hardware problem.

Could be for some reason I was banned from bad company 2 on my hardware ? Somehow there is a ban on my hardware ?

Strange since 6-7 days ago I play bad company 2 on this computer and I had windows 10 home and it was working for more then a year and more without any problems. And after I did clean new installation of the windows 10 home the problem started. Same windows version same hardware what else can it be ?

And I don't have any BFBC2 folder and not settings.ini since the game never reached the main menu and never created this folder and file. So I can't change the game to run as dx9 or dx10

My only thoughts are that maybe the game need some old windows 10 updates ? Maybe this august 2018 update ? Or maybe other updates that windows not install now ? That's why I asked if it's normal to have only 6 updates.

Other games are working but maybe bad company 2 need some updates maybe he use some other hardware stuff ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Version 1809 includes all previous updates, if they were released a few years ago, they now baked into the current version. The only updates since are for minor things. Version updates include everything previously released.

I don't think windows version or an update is difference. Fact rest of PC works and most other games do as well makes me wonder what difference is

what are specs of the PC?

many of the people with the Bad company 2 problem are on linux

Solution