[SOLVED] Could be virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,

My problem is the next. I realized when I used Firefox browser: I was typing in one forum and clicked on a smile gif and all of a sudden opened a new firefox home page again in new window. (not a tab).
The other problem that i was in settings in firefox and a clicked on hardware acceleration settings and all of sudden opened the windows settings it popped up. Not even click on start and settings etc.

I was thinking that might be a virus. I have paid avast premier which one till now defended my computer well. But just in case i ran ESET online (which found only few tracking cookies)/F-secure online(found nothing) Malwerbytes(found nothing) Avast Premier(found nothing) /EmmisoftSecure(found nothing)/Super antyspyware(found nothing).

So what can be the problem?
Is it virus or the firefox is buggy? The system updated itself this week for 2004.

Thanks for your replies.

Hi all,

My problem is the next. I realized when I used Firefox browser: I was typing in one forum and clicked on a smile gif and all of a sudden opened a new firefox home page again in new window. (not a tab).
The other problem that i was in settings in firefox and a clicked on hardware acceleration settings and all of sudden opened the windows settings it popped up. Not even click on start and settings etc.

I was thinking that might be a virus. I have paid avast premier which one till now defended my computer well. But just in case i ran ESET online (which found only few tracking cookies)/F-secure online(found nothing) Malwerbytes(found nothing) Avast Premier(found nothing) /EmmisoftSecure(found nothing)/Super antyspyware(found nothing).

So what can be the problem?
Is it virus or the firefox is buggy? The system updated itself this week for 2004.

Thanks for your replies.
Open cmd in admin mode and run sfc /scannow

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
This message i got:

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

So It means i dont have any virus or spy on my computer?

This message i got:

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

So It means i dont have any virus or spy on my computer?
No it means there were no problems installing windows and the files are all there and full. So next step is to uninstall firefox fully restart your pc and reinstall firefox

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
The problem has been solved. Sorry for the delayed answer. It was Firefox bug. Since that I use Chrome and it does not have any issues like this.

Thanks btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.