Question Could cpu be faulty and make my system crash?

Oct 18, 2021
System crashed for unknown reasons. I replaced cpu and now my pc crashes for unknown reasons. My fans max out and this isnt an overheating issue because my cpu goes to 50C when its under load. This is 100% not the power supply. I have an Asus B150M-C motherboard, 2015 intel core i5 6500 (skylake), and my psu is an Antec HCP - 100wPlatnum. Any ideas? I only touched the cpu and motherboard so i'm confident that one of those are the issue; I just don't know what one.

Not really too sure but reboot into your mobo uemi bios, look at system tempature guage and see what the cpu is telling you after runnning it for 2 minutes.
When you said you replaced the cpu, did you remember to clean off the old paste from the heatsink/cooler and apply new grease ?

<--- thermal grease dots on cpu, use artic mx-5

Put 5 dots into the cpu again, then lock down heatsink/fan cooler, twist it gently left and right like an oreo before locking it down.
Make the mobo and your devices are on snuggly, not too LOOSE, not too TIGHT,
Otherwise you will stay up all night trying to get that computer from crashing.

Oct 18, 2021
The motherboard temp stayed at 30-36c and the cpu stayed at like 25-27c. I remembered to clean off the old one and I put some new paste on with the 5 dots method. Everything is installed right with the cpu. Any chance there could be a software issue?