[SOLVED] Could heat up my GPU fix faulty vram?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Hey, so i just bought the msi gtx 650 ti and it has some vram issue, whenever I open a game, it would always crash, so I open up msi afterburner and lower the core clock and memery clock down and it didn't crash any more, so I guess it was the vram problem. So I was thinking if I could heat up my gpu with a heat gun on the vram would my vram problems be solve?

Solution
Hey, so i just bought the msi gtx 650 ti and it has some vram issue, whenever I open a game, it would always crash, so I open up msi afterburner and lower the core clock and memery clock down and it didn't crash any more, so I guess it was the vram problem. So I was thinking if I could heat up my gpu with a heat gun on the vram would my vram problems be solve?

I have seen various videos of "successful repair" made to GPU with a heat gun treatment.
In this market, if underclocking/volting the card has it working, I might suggest waiting on the experimental treatment until after you source a replacement (unless you already have one on hand).

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

I have seen various videos of "successful repair" made to GPU with a heat gun treatment.
In this market, if underclocking/volting the card has it working, I might suggest waiting on the experimental treatment until after you source a replacement (unless you already have one on hand).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS