Could I be scammed?

Owen_28

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
I found an online shop in Malta, which sells custom built gaming PCs, cheapest in the island. They told me they have to stay an online shop to have the low prices. I ordered a GTX 1050Ti paired with i5 7400 build and they told me to send them a 100euro deposit(ps, the system costs 675). I asked how I could be assured they're legitimate, and they told me I can pay them via paypal to be safe. They also told me the PC would be delivered to me by next week. Could I get scammed via Paypal? I think I can cashback immediately right? Sorry, I'm a noob at paypal :p

Solution
What's the reason they gave you to make the early transfer?

This is usually requested to show a customer's bona fide intention to buy what they order - - they don't want time-wasters who cancel the order when time & money has been spent on building it and it's almost ready to ship.

It doesn't indicate a scam - - it would do if they asked for full-payment up front (and you'd be a fool to pay it).

manddy123

Admirable
As far as i am aware, yeah...
PayPal do have a nice buyer service to prevent any problems with that matter.

This is usually requested to show a customer's bona fide intention to buy what they order - - they don't want time-wasters who cancel the order when time & money has been spent on building it and it's almost ready to ship.

It doesn't indicate a scam - - it would do if they asked for full-payment up front (and you'd be a fool to pay it).

Solution

manddy123

Admirable
It makes sense, didn't know that. Where i get my pieces from they've never asked me that. Thanks for the enlightenment.

So i suppose OP's good to go, PayPal got your back as well

Owen_28

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Okay thanks guys. I'll pay the deposit tomorrow, hopefully I should be gaming properly now by next week :) Thanks!
I'll let you know if I die in an alley for attempting to fight back if I do get scammed :D
Btw, both of you helped, so I just picked the solution at random, thanks again :)

manddy123

Admirable

I wonder how you'll do that since you'll be dead... hahahah

Cheers, nice gaming next week then :)