Could I Get Triple Monitors?

LindonBoy

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I was wondering, if I get three monitors, would my games be harder to run even if I'm only using one of the screens to play the game, and the other 2 screens with something such as an internet browser on?

I have a gtx 770 Lightning 2gb, will this be ok?

Solution
not all games will allow you to run a second or third screen while your running a game on 1 and apps on the other/s. i often play stalker on my main screen with a movie playing on the other and it does affect perfomance but not by a huge amount. problem is i will often have to alt tab out of the game to run the movie and when i tab back in its hit or miss as to whether the game will allow the app (vlc player) to run along side it.
its not just vlc either, if i leave a browser open on the other screen it will often close or crash turning the second screen black till i alt tab out and close the crashed app.
so yeah like i said it will work for some games but not all.
also be aware that game anti cheat engines that take snapshots of your...
you will decrease your gaming performance with three screens on, even if the middle is only for gaming. You will also be able to notice the difference, but it will vary on what your doing.

It is doable and if you need to, why not. Your card is capable of doing it also.

If you only need the middle screen at some times, you can just turn the other two screens off and then your playing one screen best it can be.

+1. The CPU also has a big impact on performance when doing a lot of stuff simultaneously.

invisibilian

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
if you just use one of the monitors for gaming, it should have minimal impact on your gaming performance. I am running two myself. I don't feel having the extra monitor on slowing down my games.

not all games will allow you to run a second or third screen while your running a game on 1 and apps on the other/s. i often play stalker on my main screen with a movie playing on the other and it does affect perfomance but not by a huge amount. problem is i will often have to alt tab out of the game to run the movie and when i tab back in its hit or miss as to whether the game will allow the app (vlc player) to run along side it.
its not just vlc either, if i leave a browser open on the other screen it will often close or crash turning the second screen black till i alt tab out and close the crashed app.
so yeah like i said it will work for some games but not all.
also be aware that game anti cheat engines that take snapshots of your screen will often send a blank screen or the wrong screen to the server this can result in a temp ban by punkbuster or the admin. so as you can see there are drawbacks...

Solution