[SOLVED] Could I have damaged my motherboard?

ligonsker

Commendable
Dec 19, 2019
Hello,
I have a 10,000 mAh portable smartphone charger. It has 3 usb sockets: Micro-USB, Type-C and a USB-A 3.0.

The charger has 2 light indicators: "IN" when it's charging itself, "OUT" when it's charging the smartphone

Only the micro-usb is used to charge the battery, but the type-c and usb-a 3.0 are output ports
But at first I thought I can charge it from the Type-C USB so I plugged it to my motherboard's USB C connector. The portable charger led light that says "OUT" turned on and I tried to unplug it as fast as a I can but it still took sometime. I'm afraid that in this time I burnt a few components that I won't know which until my motherboard will suddenly start having issues?

It's an ASRock B450M-Pro4. I bought a USB C pen drive to test it and it worked, but I wonder if I burnt something. Like small capacitors that will affect stability

I am worried because I went to my car which has USB-A socket and also tested it. I plugged a cable from the car's USB-A port to the portable battery's usb-c port and again the "OUT" light turned on. After a few seconds the light turned off and the car's USB stopped working :) very smart move

Last edited: