Question Could I have some advice on how to upgrade my pc please?

colig54

Commendable
Sep 22, 2017
Hello all, I think its time to upgrade my gaming rig but i'm not sure where to start. My PC has been running super hot recently when gaming and giving me audio stutter and having problems switching tasks, feels like its getting old! Im in the process of updating to windows 10. Is it going to be a complete overhaul replacing all but the hard drives? At the moment I only really care about gaming at 1080p, storing photos and vids and wouldn't mind getting a VR headset one day. Current build:

Gigabyte z97n gaming motherboard 1150 socket.

Geforce windforce gtx960 (the one with 3 fans, not sure it works properly cos they hardly ever spin)

Intel i5 4460 3.2ghz

2x4gb ram in a mini itx case (Corsair Graphite 380t)

2 x 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD

41" flatscreen Vizio tv

Any advice would be welcome, because as i said, i don't really know where to start.

colig54

Commendable
Sep 22, 2017
I 'm guessing that's not a Gigabyte z97n gaming motherboard.
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Mini ITX

You can keep things cool as the case mounts up to five fans and has a front panel controller.
https://www.newegg.com/corsair-co-9050017-rled-case-fan/p/N82E16835181051
Thanks for responding. Yes it is that motherboard. It's really quite a small case and the cabling inside is crazy, i don't see space to put more fans in, theres the red led one in the front of the case and an out-fan at the back end. I don't see where'd I'd fit another fan in, my real question is how to go about upgrading the existing performance.