Question Could I short out my MOBO?

Spacekeleton

Commendable
Jan 30, 2022
Hi, so, long story short, I disconnected my GPU from motherboard due to noisy fan to RMA it and when reassembling the PC I screwed backside honeycomb panels no right way and I think they could be touching mobo a bit (pic related, arrows show which parts could contact). I placed them right way now.
After booting PC everything went fine, though I noticed my screen went black for a couple of seconds and came back, so could it be because something went wrong? Or I am just overthinking it and this could happen due to switch from previous GPU to CPU integrated one?

UPD: I looked through drivers update log and it seems monitor blinked when they were installing automatically, though I still want to know if anything could go wrong here. Those little 'horns' of screwed panels could be touching PCB and capacitors cluster at the bottom when PC was turned on.

Last edited:
Hi, so, long story short, I disconnected my GPU from motherboard due to noisy fan to RMA it and when reassembling the PC I screwed backside honeycomb panels no right way and I think they could be touching mobo a bit (pic related, arrows show which parts could contact). I placed them right way now.
After booting PC everything went fine, though I noticed my screen went black for a couple of seconds and came back, so could it be because something went wrong? Or I am just overthinking it and this could happen due to switch from previous GPU to CPU integrated one?

UPD: I looked through drivers update log and it seems monitor blinked when they were installing automatically, though I still want to know if anything could go wrong here. Those little 'horns' of screwed panels could be touching PCB and capacitors cluster at the bottom when PC was turned on.
It's because it was doing a fresh update to the onboard display so the screen fits right

Spacekeleton

Commendable
Jan 30, 2022
No not really tlnewer boards are hard to damage unless trying to damage, short resisters are now implemented boards are a little thicker and tuffer not to say accedents don't happen and you can make a error, it's harder now adays not impossible though
Mine is MSI MPG Z590 GAMING FORCE, so either it protected itself or contact was not solind enough to harm anything?

TRENDING THREADS