Question Could i5 2400 be able output 720p 30/60 fps streaming?

May 16, 2019
I right now can't test this since I'm on holiday and return in a week.

I've been thinking about streaming for a bit and would like answers :D

May 16, 2019
Depends on the game I'd imagine.
It sounds like you can try this on your current setup without needing to buy any hardware upgrades?
Yeah right now I'm not planning to buy any new hardware since my budget won't allow me, I did test games like overwatch and apex legends and they run fine on the i5 2400, But when I return I will check out if they work in 720p 60fps

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Resolution has nothing to do with the cpu. That's all on the gpu. Cpu pre-renders the frames according to game code, they are all the same, 720p or 4k, ships it to the gpu. At 720p, that's pretty easy for many gpus, so it shouldn't have issues with higher fps onscreen, maxing out a 60Hz monitor and more. At 4k, most gpus take a massive performance hit, so the cpu gets a break and doesn't have to kill itself trying to supply maximum fps.

May 16, 2019
Resolution has nothing to do with the cpu. That's all on the gpu. Cpu pre-renders the frames according to game code, they are all the same, 720p or 4k, ships it to the gpu. At 720p, that's pretty easy for many gpus, so it shouldn't have issues with higher fps onscreen, maxing out a 60Hz monitor and more. At 4k, most gpus take a massive performance hit, so the cpu gets a break and doesn't have to kill itself trying to supply maximum fps.
Well I do know that the i5 2400 doesn't hold up much in the modern world but if I limit the fps to 30 or 25 fps then it should make it easy for the cpu to work normally and while doing all the stuff that the game requires the cpu to do.