Question Could lifting GPU while it's installed on the motherboard multiple times damage the GPU and motherboard?

Nov 8, 2022
Hello,
I was cleaning my PC, and I noticed the GPU looked to me as having a slight GPU sag. I pressed up against the GPU from under a couple of times to lift it up a little to see if it is actually sagging. To my surprise, I heard a slight grinding noise from one of my lifts.
My question is what are the chances that I could have damaged either the GPU or the motherboard from that lifting/grinding sound? The games I ran seem to have normal performance so far

My question is what are the chances that I could have damaged either the GPU or the motherboard from that lifting/grinding sound?
The games I ran seem to have normal performance so far
If graphics card has a heavy heatsink and sags significantly, this can crack pcb of the card.
With this kind of damage it would not work anymore. There are path traces in this area. They get broken.

lj3q7mpi06e81.jpg

Nov 8, 2022
Make and model of your GPU and motherboard? Did you adjust the GPU while the system was powered up and running? might want to remove the GPU and inspect the slot the GPU sat in as well as the GPU overall.
The PC was turned off when I lifted it. Motherboard is MSI X670 Pro motherboard, GPU is Zotac Twin edge OC RTX 3070

Aug 22, 2022
I have a system where I suspect the GPU was so heavy it bent the pins while sitting in place. It seems insane that things could be designed this way but I guess it happens sometimes? Weird.

Nov 8, 2022
Make and model of your GPU and motherboard? Did you adjust the GPU while the system was powered up and running? might want to remove the GPU and inspect the slot the GPU sat in as well as the GPU overall.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxtvkI7kQg9KCmACa6r32jgwMDIudJXjr-
This is similar to how I pushed to check if the GPU is level, but I did it slower. There shouldn't be any damage right? It's just the grinding noise that scared me