Could my computer be using internal intel HD 3000 instead?

pcstalljr

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Hey there, new build. (literally NEW, just finished it today)
I5 2500k 3.3Ghz
ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155
OCZ ZT Series 750W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Bronze PSU
8gb (2x4gb) 1600, g.skill ram.
60gb Sata III Corsair SSD
and ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti (not TOP)

I've noticed, with bench marks and whatnot, my GPU will start heating up, getting under load, fan start spinning, all that jazz. But if I start up GTA IV, or Saints Row 2. or even minecraft for that matter, it just lags like crazy, hangs, or just plain renders slow in GTA IV. (unplayable slow in GTA, at medium graphics, easily over 1 second per frame).

Nothing is neither over clocked or underclocked. Put it all together, installed drivers and started it up.

But I was wondering if because I installed the intel HD graphics, before installing my graphics card drivers. (not sure if i should have installed my intel HD graphics at all thinking about it).

So I'm not sure if for some reason, my CPU is rendering it, and my graphics card is simply displaying it? Did I mess up something in the install, or something I forgot to do? Kinda new at this and hoping I don't have a faulty card. Since the benchmarks run smoothly and I can really hear the card spinning up its fans.

Any help is much appreciated. Kinda new to graphics. Been stuck on Intel 1000 for a while.

GTA IV and many other's are console ports and aren't coded correctly for optimal performance on PC .Which is why even the very best machines have poor performance in those games.
Their aren't any problems with your PC.I'm sure it's working as it should it's just that those games don't work well for the PC.

did you connect your display to the 560 ti instead of the motherboard, connect the necessary pcie power connectors to the gfx card properly?
did you install all the latest patches and updates for gta iv?
did you select your discreet gfx card to be the primary gfx device?
gta is badly coded port for pc. a lot of people with powerful setups have problems playing it smoothly. if other games and softwares run properly, then you don't really have a problem.
if you want to monitor your components activity, try using softwares like cpu-z, gpu-z, speccy, core temp etc.

zakattak80

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

1 fps even on gta 4 is insane;y slow, and isn't minecraft a pc exclusive? i do agree that gta and sr aren't very optimized, but doesn't mean it all because the game