[SOLVED] Could my CPU Be Causing BSOD?

Aug 21, 2019
So I spilt water on my PC a while ago and it landed right on my PSU and caused the system to shutdown. After testing the RAM, swapping the ssd, motherboard, psu and swapped my GPU with another that I had, BSOD keeps occurring every time when I install updates and drivers. Could my CPU be the main problem in this situation

Solution
Were you able to verify how far down the motherboard the water went? The cooler covers the CPU, the processor itself has a metal cover, and the entire CPU has a force-fit to the socket (as you know, just running it through). So if you can tell where the damage to your motherboard was, and it didn't go down to the socket (or the backside of the socket) you could be ok.

One test you could try is going into the BIOS and disabling a core or two (depending on how many your CPU has). If this fixes your problem, you probably do have some sort of CPU damage.
Aug 21, 2019
So, right now, what parts have been replaced due to the split water?

And where is your PSU in the case in relation to how the computer sat when the water fell (top, bottom, side)?
Ive replaced the motherboard, PSU, ssd, GPU and tested the RAM stick ( which one of them was bad)
My PSU is on top, so the water would have spilt down to the other parts.

Were you able to verify how far down the motherboard the water went? The cooler covers the CPU, the processor itself has a metal cover, and the entire CPU has a force-fit to the socket (as you know, just running it through). So if you can tell where the damage to your motherboard was, and it didn't go down to the socket (or the backside of the socket) you could be ok.

One test you could try is going into the BIOS and disabling a core or two (depending on how many your CPU has). If this fixes your problem, you probably do have some sort of CPU damage.

Solution
Aug 21, 2019

Ok, yea that sounds like a good plan. I'm moving into college tomorrow so I'll respond back in a few days or so. Thanks for another idea