[SOLVED] could my old/bad psu damage other parts of my computer?

Feb 27, 2019
So, I'm planning on building/buying a new computer, but keeping my old psu.

These are the specs of the computer I'm looking to purchase.

Processor - Intel - Core i9-9900K
Cooler - Corsair - H100i v2
Motherboard - Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO
RAM - Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200
Graphics Card - Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING OC

and I'm planning on keeping my old Power Supply - Corsair - Builder 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I looked at the nvidia website and they recommend a 650W power supply, so I'm worried if the power supply I have currently is not enough and if it could potentially might break/harm the other parts of the computer.

Thank you!

Solution
The CX600W is a fairly poor quality unit at the time and not known for it's longevity. Since you're currently using it, I would think it's served it's time well enough.

Given you're pairing well over $1,000 in new hardware -- I'd highly recommend you opt for a quality PSU to run it all.

Some quality options.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The CX600W is a fairly poor quality unit at the time and not known for it's longevity. Since you're currently using it, I would think it's served it's time well enough.

Given you're pairing well over $1,000 in new hardware -- I'd highly recommend you opt for a quality PSU to run it all.

Some quality options.

Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I agree with Barty and so I liked the post. What's the difference between a like and an upvote? Not too sure.

In a nutshell, a "like" could be considered acknowledgement of the quality of the post - but not necessarily the 'best' answer.
Upvotes can contribute to BA selections should enough be received. OP can obviously select a BA which supersedes the upvote algorithm

TRENDING THREADS