Could my psu be dead

moondawg009

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Hi everyone I recently ordered a new psu, but my computer still won't turn on could it be DOA? When I plug in the unit and hit the on switch should the fans be moving?

Solution
There is a way to power it on, but that won't determine whether or not it is good. If it is really a 350W PSU with a liar-label on it, it would turn on just fine with an insignificant load on it. Under load, it probably just power off. Of course, if it won't turn on at all, it is bad. Plug a few fans into it (so it has a load), then short the green wire to one of the black ones in the 20+4 pin motherboard connector (a paperclip can be used). Google will lead you to images and/or videos of how this is done.

moondawg009

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Mobo is raised neutron 650w If like to know if the psu fans should be running while it's plugged in (just to the wall). Yes I built it myself my old psu died so I'm replacing it with this one after 2 years.

There is a way to power it on, but that won't determine whether or not it is good. If it is really a 350W PSU with a liar-label on it, it would turn on just fine with an insignificant load on it. Under load, it probably just power off. Of course, if it won't turn on at all, it is bad. Plug a few fans into it (so it has a load), then short the green wire to one of the black ones in the 20+4 pin motherboard connector (a paperclip can be used). Google will lead you to images and/or videos of how this is done.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS