RandomMushroom

Reputable
Feb 8, 2020
Hi everyone so here's the issue, I purchased a pc online after checking each component and it's compatibility issues on PcPartPicker and everything turned out to be ok:

• Ryzen 3 3200g
  • Gigabyte GA A320m S2h
  • 2 Ram Vengeance LPX 8gb 2666mhz (cmk8gx4m1a2666c16)
  • M.2
  • 500w 80 plus

The thing is I was checking the available QVL files from the motherboard and couldn't find my ram at all.

So my question is:

- Is PCPartPicker somehow more up to date than the manufacturer's page?

- Will my pc boot at all if my ram sticks turn out not to be compatible?

Thanx guys.

Solution
Can PCPP be wrong? Sure. Never use a single source for parts compatibility.
Does the manufacturers QVL show ALL of the available and compatible RAM? No. Never ever.
Will your system boot if not 'compatible'? Probably not.
Will that Vengeance RAM work? Probably, to a near certainty.
Hi everyone so here's the issue, I purchased a pc online after checking each component and it's compatibility issues on PcPartPicker and everything turned out to be ok:

• Ryzen 3 3200g
  • Gigabyte GA A320m S2h
  • 2 Ram Vengeance LPX 8gb 2666mhz (cmk8gx4m1a2666c16)
  • M.2
  • 500w 80 plus
The thing is I was checking the available QVL files from the motherboard and couldn't find my ram at all.

So my question is:

- Is PCPartPicker somehow more up to date than the manufacturer's page?

- Will my pc boot at all if my ram sticks turn out not to be compatible?

Thanx guys.
Only questionable part is if MB has BIOS compatible/updated for that CPU, early manufactured MBs didn't have it.

Only questionable part is if MB has BIOS compatible/updated for that CPU, early manufactured MBs didn't have it.
That's only part I would worry about. When you order ask what revision of bios and if its at least
F42
it seems current version is F50 and most mobos should ship with F45+ but you won't loose anything on checking that before it blows into face.

about ram go up like this if you see any entry matching:
those work for sure:
cmk8gx4m1a2666c16
cmk8gx4m1a2666
cmk8gx4m1a
-------- different series same model, 99.9% will work ------------
cmk8gx4m1
cmk8gx4m
----------------------- something was certified ~90% chance your will work----------
cmk8g
----------------------- nothing validated this point so its like ~80% the ram will work ---------------
But as this is popular AND common ram:
Vengeance LPX series
I would me very surprised if you would have any issue with it at any board with am4.

Reactions: RandomMushroom