[SOLVED] Could PSUs cables be switched ?!

ziad ahmed

Reputable
Jul 22, 2019
Hi iam asking if i can switch a PSU cables with another from another brand both are Full modular PSUs
Ex : switching a Seasonic cables with Aorus ones or otherwise
Does it harm the PC components ?
and if i want to order cables from Cablemod , what should i concern beside the cable colors ?

Solution
Hi iam asking if i can switch a PSU cables with another from another brand both are Full modular PSUs
and if i want to order cables from Cablemod , what should i concern beside the cable colors ?
Modular PSU cables are NOT universal.

You will almost certainly fry one or more parts.

Use the cables that come with the PSU.

USAFRet

Titan
Modular PSU cables are NOT universal.

You will almost certainly fry one or more parts.

Use the cables that come with the PSU.

Solution

Absolutely not. They are not pinned the same on the PSU side.

Does it harm PC components? Yes. It fries them.

Well, with the right Molex pin extractor tool you can rewire any cable that fits to however you like.

Given the current fashion of making all the wires black instead of properly color-coded though, or Cablemod's business model of a different color but still all-the-same, you'd have to be really careful to get the wiring correct as this aesthetic greatly increases the chance of error and frying something.

Latest posts