[SOLVED] Could somebody explain this?

Hi guys, i am currently confused why the front panel USB 3.0 is running at 2.0 speeds, only the motherboard rear usb 3.0 ports work at 3.0 speed ?

Also my front panel usb 3.0 is connected to the usb 3.0 header in my motherboard (otherwise it wouldn't plugged in anywhere), and my mobo is Gigabyte B75M HD3. I am always curious because my external hdd speed on front panel usb is only half the speed of what it is on rear usb.

Here are screenshots:

Rear USB 3.0:
unknown.png

Front Panel USB 3.0:

unknown.png

Hoping for a good explanation :D TIA

Solution
Hi guys, i am currently confused why the front panel USB 3.0 is running at 2.0 speeds, only the motherboard rear usb 3.0 ports work at 3.0 speed ?

Also my front panel usb 3.0 is connected to the usb 3.0 header in my motherboard (otherwise it wouldn't plugged in anywhere), and my mobo is Gigabyte B75M HD3. I am always curious because my external hdd speed on front panel usb is only half the speed of what it is on rear usb.

Here are screenshots:

Rear USB 3.0:
unknown.png

Front Panel USB 3.0:

unknown.png

The easiest...

Here are screenshots:

Rear USB 3.0:
unknown.png

Front Panel USB 3.0:

unknown.png

The easiest explanation is it's the cables included with the case. They may not have the construction and connections to enable hi-speed operation.

This article explains it as far as external cables go...but I'd imagine it would apply the same to the cable included with your case:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/394802/usb-c-cables-are-they-all-the-same.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Koekieezz
Solution