Question Could someone DDoS attack my PC?

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
So, Today I was playing CS:GO when someone (that I doubt he is a kid) Kept saying that he has my IP (Because I share it in my profile steam profile so anyone that is viewing my profile could join my server), So should I believe him or Personal Computers can't be DDoS attacked? (Short Question Explanation: Could anyone use my IP to attack my personal Computer?)

USAFRet

Titan
So, Today I was playing CS:GO when someone (that I doubt he is a kid) Kept saying that he has my IP (Because I share it in my profile steam profile so anyone that is viewing my profile could join my server), So should I believe him or Personal Computers can't be DDoS attacked? (Short Question Explanation: Could anyone use my IP to attack my personal Computer?)
Yes.

All it requires is to know your public IP address, and simply send a whole crapload of access requests to your IP address.
Better if they have a botnet to leverage, and send thousands from many distributed systems.
DDOS = Distributed Denial of Service.

They'd just flood your incoming pipe with junk requests. Valid traffic is lost in the flood.