[SOLVED] Could Someone explain these temps

Hi guys, so i've been confused on reading the temps on my system, i was looking at my chipset, and there is 2 temperature. im using Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3 could anyone explain the difference between temp 1 and temp 2? thank you :D.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Solution
Koekieezz,

Do not use "Hardware Monitor" or "Open Hardware Monitor" for monitoring. They are not kept up to date and are also not known for accuracy. As is the case with many monitoring utilities, they often mislabel, misreport or “offset” thermal values for various sensors, which can be highly confusing and misleading.

Also, be aware that when simultaneously running two or more monitoring utilities, it’s possible for them to interfere with one another.

Instead, use "Hardware Info" (HWiNFO) which is frequently updated and is trusted by reviewers, system builders and expert overclockers to be the most accurate and detailed monitoring utility.

It's quite likely that Hardware Info will assign the correct labels...

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Koekieezz,

Do not use "Hardware Monitor" or "Open Hardware Monitor" for monitoring. They are not kept up to date and are also not known for accuracy. As is the case with many monitoring utilities, they often mislabel, misreport or “offset” thermal values for various sensors, which can be highly confusing and misleading.

Also, be aware that when simultaneously running two or more monitoring utilities, it’s possible for them to interfere with one another.

Instead, use "Hardware Info" (HWiNFO) which is frequently updated and is trusted by reviewers, system builders and expert overclockers to be the most accurate and detailed monitoring utility.

It's quite likely that Hardware Info will assign the correct labels to the sensors in question, which may possibly be the processor's IGPU (Integrated Graphics Processor Unit) at 64°C and the PCH (Platform Controller Hub) at 44°C that AIDA64 has labeled as "Motherboard".

Give Hardware Info a try. I'm sure your results will be more comprehensive.

CT :sol:

Reactions: CountMike
Solution